Tuesday, June 3, 2008

O miau e da nossa casa

I found this at a neighborhood garage sale (this house has such mind-bogglingly excellent garage sales, that I am consumed with curiosity to see what they actually keep...!), and I just love it more and more everyday. I think the text is Portuguese, although according to Babelfish, it says "miau and of our house." Um, ok.

It's very dirty, and I'm a little afraid of cleaning it. Asked at the scary-hardcore embroidery shop, and the scarily hardcore owner gave me the gimlet eye and third degree, then recommended putting pantyhose over the brush attachment of my vacuum cleaner and giving it a gentle vacuum. Hmmm. Now to find the brush attachment...

About 11"x14" wool on some kind of very stiff, very open weave cross stitch-type fabric.

No comments: